When should I do this?
Sometimes when using Creately Desktop if you experience issues continuously and none of the simple approaches like restarting, updating to the latest version or any other seem to fix it, you can attempt a full reset of the Creately Desktop to start from scratch.
What are the risks?
A full reset would remove all your diagrams, projects and settings and set Creately Desktop to the factory default. Prior to a reset you can follow one of the below approaches to ensure all your work is safe.
- Make sure all your diagrams and projects are synced and available on Creately Online . Load Creately Online and make sure the documents are visible and further ensure by opening them. If all your diagrams and projects are available then you are good to go.
- If the first approach is not possible, use the export function in Creately Desktop to export any document that is not available in Creately Online. Export the files and back them up in your local drive.
How do I do the reset?
Warning: Do not attempt this if you fully don't understand what needs to be done or what is being done. It is always advisable to contact a Creately Support Agent. You can do this by mailing to email@example.com
Before you begin if you can open Creately Desktop and go to the Preferences and Account dialog please uninstall your current license, doing this will ensure that after the reset you can activate Creately Desktop again. If you get an activation error message please contact support to have your license key reset.
So here we go.. follow the steps in the same order.
1. Close Creately Desktop if its not already closed.
2. Open your explorer/finder and navigate to
- If you are on a mac - /Users/YourName.
- If you are on Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YourName
- If you are on Windows 7 - C:\Users\YourName
Here you will find a folder named "Creately". Rename this folder to "Creately_old"
3. Make sure you have internet available and start Creately Desktop.
4. You will be taken to the Startup Wizard. In the first account screen, enter your creately account details.
5. Next you will see the license screen. enter your Creately Desktop license. This step may not appear if the license has already been installed.
6. Then you will see the Diagrams Anywhere screen. Make sure you have Diagrams Anywhere enabled. and hit next/finish
7. You will see the synchronization in progress. let it complete and you should be all set
Please sign in to leave a comment.