As discussed in this topic Creately for Fogbugz Ondemand will be going end of life on 1 Nov 2014 because due to architecture and API changes it is no longer possible to support editing of diagrams within Fogbugz Ondemand. This does not affect the Creately for Fogbugz Server plugin.
However we obivously want those using Creately to still be able to access and edit their diagrams and include them in cases and their wiki entries. Using Creately Online it is possible to include an auto updating diagram in your cases and wiki. This is a diagram that when you edit it in Creately Online the changes will be reflected in the embedded version of the diagram your case or wiki without you having to force the update.
The steps below cover how to embed an auto updating diagram in to your cases or wikis for each of the Fogbugz Ondemand interfaces:
Original Fogbugz Ondemand Interface
- Draw your diagram in Creately - if you want the diagram to be private you'll need a Creately Personal or Team plan.
- In the diagram editor go to Share panel and click "Enable view link".
- Copy the generated view link and view it in a new browser tab - the diagram will load.
- In the toolbar that appears when you hover over the diagram click the "Download Diagram Image" button. The diagram image will open in a new window.
- Copy the URL - the URL references the latest diagram image when ever you make an edit to the diagram.
- Create the following string using the URL "<img src="URL" />" replacing "URL" with the URL you copied at step 5. For example: <img src="http://creately.com/jupiter/diagram/image/hrn0y3o42" />
- In Fogbugz Ondemand, edit the wiki page or case where the diagram should appear.
- For cases make sure "Rich Text" is selected in the editor. In the wiki rich text is the default. In the format bar click "Edit HTML Source" button on the far right.
- Paste the string created in step 6 in the appropriate location and your auto updating Creately diagram will be embed in the Fogbugz Ondemand case or wiki page.
Now whenever you edit a diagram that is already embedded in your Fogbugz Ondemand instance you'll always see the latest version of the diagram.
New Performance Fogbugz Ondemand Interface
The steps to create the diagram and insert it are the same for the original Fogbugz Ondemand interface as shown above.
For both interfaces it may be necessary to refresh the case or wiki page by reloading the page to see a changes to the diagram if you make the edits to the diagram while the case or wiki page is open.
Please sign in to leave a comment.