You can connect two or more entities through a relationship/reference link to show order/hierarchy or create more meaningful calculations.
First, you will need to create a reference through an Entity Lookup field for the entity type you wish to connect to and sync the changes to the type.
- Select any entity
- Open the Shape Data panel
- Click on +Add a Data Field and click on Reference from the pop-up menu
- Select the database and the entity type of the entity you wish to connect with the selected entity from the dropdown menus
- You can check or uncheck the box next to Allow Multiple Entries depending on whether you wish to connect the selected entity with one or multiple entities
- You can change the title of the Entity Lookup field
- Click on Sync changes to Type to save the changes to the entity type.
Creating the reference through an Entity Lookup Field
Next, you can add entities into a lookup field using one of the two methods mentioned below.
1. Draw a connector
Drawing a connector between two or more entities is the easiest and quickest way to create a relationship between them.
2. Entity Lookup Field
Add the entities into the Lookup field.
Creating Links between the entities
These linked entities can then be used not only to depict their relationships but also to do calculations such as the example shown below.
Using relationships to do calculations
Try out the different combinations of relationships and calculations to create your own dynamic workspace and feel free to reach out to the Creately Support team for more information and support.