When creating your work management space in Creately, you may want to define and assign tasks to your teammates.
This article will show you how to define and assign tasks as well as how to view them on your Task panel.
Adding and Assigning Tasks
First, make sure that you have shared your workspace with the people you wish to assign tasks to.
Next, follow the steps below to create the task and assign them to your teammates.
- Add a shape onto the workspace which you can use to create tasks
- Select the shape, open the Notes panel and add the details of the task
- Add Data Fields to assign task roles, due dates or estimates as you prefer
- You could change the title of the Task Role as per your preference
- Assign the teammate under Task Role
Adding And Assigning The Task Role
The task will then appear in the Task Panel of the assigned teammate.
Task Shown In The Task Panel
Viewing Tasks in the Task Panel
Once a task is assigned to you, you can view and update the task from the task panel. The changes you make on the task thus will appear in real-time on the Task card/shape that is linked to your task.
Making Changes To The Notes On The Task Panel
Changing Status On The Task Panel
Is this limited to Team/Enterprise plans?
No, you can still be on a Personal plan and share the workspace with anyone you wish. However, your collaborator will need to be on a paid plan in order to edit on the workspace.
Furthermore, the owner of the workspace will need to be online for collaborators to work on the workspace if the owner is on a Personal plan.