With Creately’s GitHub integration, users can search and select a repository in GitHub, search for issues and pull requests, and fetch the relevant information from the platform to Creately.
This article will include the basic requirements needed to implement the integration, how it works, and its key features.
What Do I Need In Order To Integrate GitHub Within Creately?
- You will need an account registered with GitHub Account (ensure you use the relevant GitHub account as once integrated, it will be permanently added to your Creately account which cannot be undone).
- Data integration features are only available for workspaces owned by a folder. In order to access the GitHub integration features, create a workspace within a folder that is not the Home folder.
How Do I Connect And Authenticate My Github Account With Creately?
- Sign in to your GitHub account
- Sign in to your Creately account and go to the App
- Create or open the relevant workspace (must be a workspace created within a folder that is not the Home folder)
- Select the Data Panel from the menu options located on the left panel of the App
- Select Authenticate
- Select Authorize Creately
- Follow the redirect instructions or return to the Creately App once loaded
- You will then see your GitHub account integrated with your Creately Account
In the case are not signed in to your GitHub account during the authentication process, you will be prompted to type in your GitHub user name to search for the account to integrate.
Authenticating your GitHub account
Benefits Of Creately’s GitHub Integration
Collaborate on your GitHub issues with your co-workers easily within your Creately Workspace., Add them as Editors or Viewers allowing them to edit or add comments to your workspace during a project.
Once the integration is complete, you can retrieve all your current issues into your Creately workspace and continue tracking them seamlessly.
All changes done to your GitHub issues within Creately will be automatically reflected on GitHub as well, making it convenient for you and your co-workers to track and update everything from a single place.
GitHub issues you bring into Creately can be further augmented by adding additional data. Go to Shape Data to add data fields to assign roles, set deadlines, estimates, tags, and more or notes to capture detailed overviews of the issues, attachments, links, images, etc.