Opening the App
Follow these simple steps to open Creately and proceed to visualize your ideas, processes, strategies, systems or designs.
- Open your preferred web browser
- Go to Creately website
- Log in with your account credentials and you'll be directed to the app
Opening the App
The editor is your visual workspace where you can draw whatever you want.
Folder panel is the centralized location to manage your folders and workspaces. Here's what you can manage in Folders.
- To create a folder
- Rename a folder
- Search for folders
- Filter folders
- Share a folder
- Delete a folder
- Sort and locate folders
- Sharing a folder
- Change collaborator roles in a folder
Creating a Folder
Here's how you can manage Workspaces using the folder panel.
- Create a workspace and name it
- Delete a workspace
- Access recent workspaces
- Move workspaces between folders
- Search for a specific workspace
- Sort and filter a workspace
- Duplicate a workspace
- Import workspaces and folders from Creately Classic
To know about specific sharing methods for workspaces, please refer details mentioned in the Share section.
Move a document
Creately has an array of templates ranging across industries from marketing to education to work with and get a head start on your project.
Once you are directed to the editor, you will see the section labelled “Featured Templates”, where you can access our most popular and commonly used templates., You can also click the Template panel on the left sidebar to browse more templates.
You can visit Creately Community to browse more templates and edit them at your convenience.
By clicking on the shapes panel, you can access the shape libraries. More libraries can be added with the search bar above or by clicking on the “Browse More Shapes” option.
This is what you can do with Shapes.
- Accessing Shape Library
- How to add texts in shapes
- How to align shapes
- How to group shapes together
- How to edit text in shapes
You can import images, logos, illustrations, and design elements from your computer.
Import an image
Our in-built Google image search lets you browse Google to find more images, shapes, icons, etc. for your designs right inside the app.
If you are a Free Plan User your search limit is 2 per day. But, if you are a Premium Plan User, you have the opportunity of unlimited Google searches per day.
Search for images on “Google Search”
The information panel lets you access advanced features to use on a selected shape and the workspace.
Here's what you can do to a Selected Shape in Information panel.
- Identify the selected shape.
- Know the size and position of the selected shape
- Change the text features inside the shape
- Change the fill color of the shape
- Change the opacity of the shape
- Change the line color and the opacity of the line in a shape
- Change the line style and line thickness in a shape
You change the basic settings of the workspace through the information panel by deselecting the shape.
- Identify the type of the diagram
- Know the size of the workspace
- Add description and tags to your workspace
- Enable/Disable the snap to grid
- Enable/Disable the features of Guides
Access simple and easy to use preset color styles to your diagrams effortlessly. The styles you have used in your diagrams are placed at “workspace Styles” for easy accessibility.
You can use Creately comments to start a conversation anywhere on the editor and easily share change requests and feedback with collaborators. You can resolve the comment to mark it as completed once the changes are done.
This is what you can do on Comments.
- Add a comments
- Remove comments
- Start thread in comments
- Resolve a comment thread
- View resolved comment threads and comment history
- Identify a comment that's added to a particular shape
- Enable/Disable comment indicator
Adding a comment, deleting a comment and resolving comment threads
Whenever you encounter a problem while working on the app, click on the Help to find an answer.
- Search Help Docs enables you to find help articles that comprises with written and visual instructions.
- Contact Support enables you to contact a "Live Chat Agent".
- Suggest a Feature enables you to suggest a feature that you think Creately should have.
1.Rename your workspace
To rename your workspace, click “Untitled Document” and type in a relevant title.
Rename the document
By clicking on the “call” button you can start a conference call to collaborate with anyone while you are working on the diagram. The number of the users you can call is decided as per your plan. Read the article on "Seamless Teamwork with Video Conferencing" to find out more.
Clicking the “Share” button allows you to share your document with anyone you prefer. You can also select from different permission levels to share your workspace.
This is what you can do with Share.
- Share a document and add collaborators
- Share a document and collaborate with non-creately users
- Share a document with different collaborator settings
- Change a document privacy
By clicking on the “Export” button, you can select your preferred workspace export option.
Free Plan Users has the opportunity to export their diagram to PNG or JPEG while Premium Plan Users can export to PNG, JPEG, SVG or PDF.
Preview the final outcome of your work by clicking on the view button. You can also do the following when you are in View mode.
- You can see the basic information of the diagram using Information.
- You can work with Comments
- You can Zoom in and Zoom out your diagram.
Features of “Call”, “Share”, “Export” and “View” buttons
1.View all Shortcuts
This icon shows all the keyboard shortcuts that can be used to accelerate drawing on the editor.
2.Redo and Undo
You can “Redo” and “Undo” a certain movement.
3.Zoom In and Zoom Out
“Zoom In” on a specific area of your workspace to review it more closely or “Zoom Out” of it to view it as a whole.
4.Select and Pan
Click on “Pan” to move around the editor and click on “Select” to select any element on the editor.
You can click Profile and access;
- Account Information
- User Plan information
- Sign out