Working Visually in Slack gets a boost with our Creately for Slack integration
- Install Creately for Slack
- Add Creately integration to Slack
- Sharing Creately Docs in Slack
- Creating Documents in Slack
With Slack integration, you can,
- Create new documents right inside Slack with a slack command
- Creately links become rich previews of the document
Install Creately for Slack
Click Add Creately to Slack - Add Creately to Slack
Or install Creately from Slack itself
- Open Slack and sign in
- Click on the Apps to browse apps
- Search for Creately in the search panel
- Click Install
You should now be able to install the Creately app and add it to your public channels.
Adding Creately to Slack Channels
- Select/open the channel you would like to add the Creately integration to
- Click on the gear icon on the top (next to the search bar)
- Click on Add an App option
- Search for Creately on the search field
- Click on Add
. Add Creately to Slack Channels
Creately will be added to the channel immediately. You can now start sharing Creately docs you were working on with the channel
Sharing Creately Docs in Slack
You can share documents in public Slack channels with the view and edit permission.
- Open the document you want to share with the Slack channel/s
- Copy Creately document URL from the browser address bar
- Paste the URL in the Slack channel so everyone in the channel can preview the document image
Sharing Creately Docs
Creately document images are periodically refreshed with the latest update to the doc. Therefore, everyone will usually see the latest version of the doc.
Creating new documents via Slack
If you are in a discussion, and a visual is needed you can now create a new Creately doc right inside the channel.
- In any channel, type
/creately new <document name>replace <document name> with a preferred name for the document.
- If you have permission to create new documents as per your plan, Creately will respond with a link to a new document.
- Others can click on the link to open Creately and edit the document in real-time.
Documents created via Slack are by default are in 'Link Share' mode. So anyone with access to the secure link can access the document.