Working Visually in Slack gets a boost with our Creately for Slack integration
With Slack integration, you can:
- Create new workspaces right inside Slack with a slack command
- Creately links become rich previews of the workspace
Install Creately for Slack
Click the following link to Add Creately to Slack or install Creately from Slack Apps
- Open Slack and sign in
- Click on the Apps to browse apps
- Search for Creately in the search panel
- Click Install
You should now be able to install the Creately app and add it to your public channels.
Adding Creately to Slack Channels
- Select/open the channel you would like to add the Creately integration to
- Click on Add an app option under the Apps section
- Search for Creately on the search field
- Click on Add to Slack
- Search for the relevant Slack Channel
- Click on Allow
Add Creately to Slack Channels
Creately will be added to the channel immediately. You can now start sharing the Creately workspaces you were working on with the channel.
Sharing Creately Workspaces in Slack
You can share workspaces in public Slack channels with the view and edit permissions.
- Open the workspace you want to share with the Slack channel/s
- Change the sharing settings to Anyone with the link can view/edit or Public
- Copy the Creately workspace URL from the browser address bar
- Paste the URL in the Slack channel so everyone in the channel can preview the workspace image
Sharing Creately Workspaces
Note: Creately workspaces are periodically refreshed with the latest updates to them. This enables everyone on the channel to see the latest version of the workspaces.
Creating new workspaces via Slack
If you are in a discussion within the channel and you need to create a workspace instantly:
- Type the below slash command in the channel
/creately new <workspace name>
(replace <workspace name> with a preferred name for the workspace.)
- If you have permission to create new workspaces as per your plan, Creately will respond to the channel with a link to a new workspace
- Your colleagues can then click on the link to open Creately and edit the workspace in real-time
Workspaces created via Slack are by default set to Anyone with the link or Publicsettings. This allows everyone in the channel to access the workspace via the secure link.
New Creately Workspace on Slack
Please sign in to leave a comment.