This is a step-by-step guide on how to set up Azure Active Directory Identity provider and perform single sign-on (SSO) authentication with Creately to access Creately services.
Step 1: Create an Azure AD enterprise application
- Open Azure AD portal https://portal.azure.com
- Select Azure Active Directory under the Azure Services section. Or,
- Search Azure Active Directory on the search bar.
Locate Azure Active Directory
4. Choose Enterprise applications from the left sidebar options.
5. In the opened section, choose New Application.
6. Pick the Non-gallery application type for the application.
7. Type a name for the application. We recommend you to type Creately. And then click on the Add button.
Step 2: Configure SAML for Single Sign-on
1. Setup single sign-on. In your AD Enterprise application, choose the section single sign-on. Choose SAML based authentication from the given authentication methods.
SAML based authentication
2. From the opened section, click on the edit icon to update the Identifier and Reply URL.
3. In the opened section, fill the Identifier and Reply URL with the given values by Creately.
* Identifier (Entity ID):
* Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL):
Identifier and Reply URL
4. Save your above changes. - You can either download the Federation Metadata XML and provide it to us or can just share the App Federation Metadata URL link to us.
We recommend you provide the Metadata URL since the updates you make to the application in your Active Directory will be reflected on our end in real-time.
Step 3: Add users to access Creately services
Now you can add users to the created application.
- Select Users and groups
- Click on Add user
Add users to the app
3. Invite new users or select from existing - These users will be able to login with this Azure AD account to Creately app. When you adding a user press Select and then Assign.
Use the below URL to test the login on a web browser.