This is a step-by-step guide on how to set up Azure Active Directory Identity provider and perform single sign-on (SSO) authentication with Creately to access Creately services.
Step 1: Create an Azure AD enterprise application
- Open Azure AD portal https://portal.azure.com
- Select Azure Active Directory under the Azure Services section or search Azure Active Directory on the search bar
Locate Azure Active Directory
3. Choose Enterprise applications from the left sidebar options
4. Choose New Application from the opened section
5. Pick the Non-gallery application type for the application
6. Type a name for the application. We recommend you to type Creately. And then click on the Add button.
Step 2: Configure SAML for Single Sign-on
1. To set up single sign-on in your AD Enterprise application, choose the section single sign-on from the left sidebar option. Next, choose SAML based authentication from the given authentication methods.
SAML based authentication
2. From the opened section, click on the edit icon to update the Identifier and Reply URL.
3. In the opened section, fill the Identifier and Reply URL with the values given by Creately.
* Identifier (Entity ID):
* Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL):
Identifier and Reply URL
4. Save the changes made above. Next, you can either download the Federation Metadata XML and provide it to us or can just share the App Federation Metadata URL link with us.
Note: We recommend you provide the Metadata URL since the updates you make to the application in your Active Directory will be reflected on our end in real-time.
Step 3: Add users to access Creately services
Now you can add users to the created application.
- Select Users and groups from the left sidebar option
- Click on Add user
Add users to the app
3. Invite new users or select from existing - These users will be able to log in with this Azure AD account to the Creately app. When you add a user press Select and then Assign.
Use the below URL to test the login on a web browser.