This is a step-by-step guide on how to set up Okta Identity provider and perform single sign-on (SSO) authentication with Creately to access Creately services.
Step 1: Create an application for Creately in Okta
1. Navigate to the Developer console in Okta
Okta developer console
2. Hover over Developer Console and select Classic UI from the dropdown
3. Select Add Application under Shortcuts from the right sidebar
Select Add Application
4. Select Create New App
Create New App
5. Select the Platform as Web and Sign-on method as SAML 2.0 and click on the Create button
Create new app integration
6. Under General Settings, give an app name. We recommend giving Creately as the app name.
Step 2: Configure SAML for Single Sign-on
1. Under Configuration SAML section. Provide the below information:
- Single Sign-on URL
- Authentication URL:
- Name ID Format:
- Application Username:
2. Scroll down to the Attribute Statement section and provide the below information:
3. Then click on the Next button
4. On the Feedback section, select the option I'm a software vendor. I'd like to integrate my app with Okta and click on the Finish button
5. Now navigate to the Sign-on tab
6. Scroll down to Sign-on methods and right-click on the Identity Provider metadata hyperlink and copy the link address. Provide this link to us (Creately).
Identity Provider metadata
Step 3: Add users to access Creately services
Now you can add users to the created application. To do that,
1. Navigate to Assignments tab -> click on Assign button and select option Assign to People
2. Pick a user you want to assign to Creately
3. Then click on Save and Go back and click on the Done button to complete
Use the below URL to test the login on a web browser.