In this article, you'll learn the basics of how to create, edit, and share your first document in Creately.
You can get started right away by signing in to your Creately account and following the steps below,
- Visit Creately App.
- Create a new document by clicking the "Add Document" button.
- You can then select the document type you would like to draw and proceed or select a pre-drawn template to get started. (Hover over particular template and click on 'use')
Add a new Document
The changes you make in a document is saved automatically in real-time, just like in Google Docs.
There are 2 ways to rename a document
1. From the Folder Panel
- Open the document you would like to rename
- Select the "Folder" icon to open relevant folder of the document
- You can rename the document and press "Enter" key to apply changes
Rename from folder panel
2. By selecting Document
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the document
- Click on 'Rename'
Tip: Adding a description and tags to a document will help your collaborators to understand the document. In addition, tags will help you quickly search a document within folders.
You'll be able to import following SVG, PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF and ICO (icons) Files in Creately
You can import the following files by,
- Browsing your desktop and/or folders on your computer
- Copy and Paste
- Drag and Drop
Click on the image button from the top left corner of the Left Sidebar.
Built-In Google Image Search
In addition, you can import images from Google image search feature. We've built Google search within the editor so you don't have to open a new search tab. At the moment, we only support PNG, JPG and SVG image search import. You can search for more file types, GIFs, Clip Arts, ICO files, and import in the future.
In addition, you can define image sizes you want to import, for example, type in Apple PNG 400x400
You can import files up to a maximum size of 2 MB in the editor.
You can export documents you create in following file formats,
- Export as PNG
- Export as JPEG
- Export as PDF - Premium feature
- Export as SVG - Premium feature
Follow the steps here to export your documents,
- Open the document you would like to export
- Click on the Export button from the top right corner of the main toolbar
3. Select the file format you would like export to
By default, documents will export to your Download folder on your computer. You cannot set a location to save an exported file at the moment.
There aren't any restrictions on file size when you export in Creately.
Exporting into PDF and SVG formats are only available on premium plan customers.
Share with permission levels
Share a document with these settings
1. Anyone with the Link
Sharing the document URL with anyone you would like to give access to view/edit. You can use this option when you're sharing a document that needs to give a quick view or get one-time feedback from a colleague. You can change the settings when you decided to stop sharing.
2. Specific Users
You can add the email address of the colleagues/team you would like to share the document and they will be notified with an email to view/edit.
Sharing by email
3. Share with your Organization
With this option, anyone in your organization with the email domain, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org can discover your document and access. This is effective if you're on a Team or Enterprise customer. You can enable edit or view permission when you share with this option
Anyone on the internet can discover and view your document, they can copy the document as a template from our community.