It is possible to transfer the ownership of an account to someone else and this can be easily done by yourself. The requirement to transfer an account can occur under these scenarios:
- You are no longer in the job role (Changing jobs/Retirement/ Changing roles)
- Purchasing the account for a third party (Procurement department)
There could however be more reasons as to why you would want to do an ownership transfer. If so, let us know by leaving a comment below.
The following two methods can be used to transfer the ownership of the account:
- Changing the registered email address of the Creately account
- Contacting us by opening a Support Ticket
Changing the Registered Email Address of the Creately Account
Whether you are changing job roles, leaving the job, or purchasing the account for someone else, handing over the ownership of the Creately account is simple and as follows:
- Log in to your Creately account and go to your Profile
- Scroll down to the Account Email & Password section
- You can add the new email address
- And click on the Update button to apply the changes
Note 1: By performing this action, you will no longer be able to access the account and the diagrams. The new user you transferred the account to can access all the diagrams and projects and will be able to create/modify new and existing diagrams.
Note 2: If the new user is already registered with a Creately account, you need to contact support by opening a ticket. This is because you will not be able to do the change from your end and transfer the account to a registered user.
Opening a Support ticket
If you are not sure how to or a bit hesitant about performing the change by yourself, you can contact us with the following details:
- Your account email address
- The email address of the new user
- The reason for transferring the account
For further questions, you can contact support by simply opening a ticket.
Please sign in to leave a comment.