It is possible to transfer an account ownership to someone else and this can be easily done by yourself. The requirement to transfer an account can occur, possibly under these scenarios,
- You’re no longer in the job role (changing jobs/retired/changing designation)
- Purchasing the account for a third party (procurement department)
There could be more reasons to do an ownership transfer, if you do, let us know by leaving a comment below.
Transferring an account ownership to another can be done with these 2 methods,
- Changing the registered email address of the Creately account
- Contacting us by opening a support ticket
Changing the Registered Email Address of the Creately Account
Whether you are changing job roles, leaving the job or purchasing the account for someone else, handing over the ownership of the Creately account is simple. You can do this by logging into your Creately account under profile.
- Scroll down to “Account Email” section
- You can add the new email address
- And click on the “Change Email” button to apply changes
Note 1: By performing this action, you will no longer be able to access the account and the diagrams. The new user you transferred the account to, can access all the diagrams and projects and will be able to create/modify new and existing diagrams.
Note 2: If the new user is already registered with a Creately account, you need to contact support by opening a ticket. This is because you will not be able to do the change from your end and transfer the account to a registered user.
Opening a Support ticket
If you are not sure or a bit hesitant of performing the change by yourself, you can contact us with the following details,
- Your account email address
- The email address of the new user
- The reason for transferring the account
For further questions you can contact support by simply opening a ticket.