Guest Blogging Submission Process
Writing for us at Creately is a great way to show us your expertise or even establish yourself in the field. Additionally, you get SEO benefits, exposure via our social media channels and our goodwill.
Due to the high number of guest post requests we receive, we have decided to add a Write for Us page, clearly explaining our guidelines. Please go through these guidelines before sending your guest posts.
What We Look for
Successful guest post contributions should be comprehensive, data-driven, interesting, and educational. To increase your chances of getting published on our blog, ensure that your contribution,
- Is a relevant, well-researched post (preferably 1000+ words) with actionable tips.
- Is 100% original and unpublished. We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Only includes claims that are backed by links to credible research or case studies. Avoid citing our competitors, and using any irrelevant promotional links to websites.
- Includes examples and relevant images to illustrate your point. Avoid using stock photos that don’t add any value to the copy. Use Creately to visualize data, information, processes, ideas, and frameworks.
- Includes subheadings, bullet points, and shorter paragraphs which make the article more readable.
Topics We Cover
Most of our audience consists of individuals and teams, from different organizational departments, who are looking for tips, best practices, and guides on how to work and collaborate visually. As we aim to build a reputable library of information and insights which they can refer to improve and streamline their workflows, we only accept clear, compelling content falling into the following categories,
- Visual collaboration
- Visual project management
- Business and technical diagramming
- Visual problem-solving
- Visual ideation and communication
- Data visualization
- Design thinking
- Business process modelling
* Please refer to the existing posts on our blog to understand and identify more topics, content layouts, language, and tone that we prefer, further.
- Exposure to a massive audience
The blog gets 100,000+ visitors per month and is increasing steadily. All high-quality articles are included in our monthly newsletter as well, hence bringing your piece in front of a wider audience who will read and reshare your content.
- Social Media Exposure
We maintain an active presence in social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. All your articles will be shared via these networks for additional exposure.
Please note that we will not pay for your articles. If you’re a professional writer and think you can create great articles for us, contact us with some previous writing samples.
- Submissions must meet the Creately content team’s quality standards in order to get published. Editors reserve the right to reject contributions at their discretion and make minor edits to your article.
- Your article must be 1000+ words and offer something valuable to our readers.
- You can have a maximum of 2 self-serving links. One to your site (nofollow link) and the other to any social media channel in the author bio. You are free to link to other quality resources to add value to the article. But please refrain from excessive linking. In general, it’s best to keep the link count under 5.
- Outgoing links must be relevant to our blog. For example, linking to dating sites, SEO agencies, Credit-related sites, etc. aren’t allowed.
- Once published on our blog you cannot publish it anywhere else, including your own blog.
- Images and videos are encouraged, as they make the article look further enticing to the reader.
- Images width should be 580 pixels or less. Please send them as a separate attachment.
- Make sure not to violate copyright when using images. Give credit when needed.
- If you’re including technical diagrams like flowcharts, Gantt charts use the ones found in our diagram community.
- To submit your article idea, please fill out the form by following this link: Submit your idea
Consider These When You Write for Us
- We decided to open up for guest posting to give our readers and entrepreneurs a chance to build their brand. So we like to work with real people and not with SEO agencies. Please get to know us a bit better before sending us your article. Follow us on our social media channels and share our other articles. This will greatly increase your chances of getting published.
- We get 50-100 submissions per month. Therefore avoid sending emails asking whether your article is getting published or not. If we have selected your article, you’ll hear from us.
The page is a bit long and the requirements a bit stiff, but we feel it’s necessary to reduce spam submissions. Looking forward to some great articles. If we think it’s the right fit, we’ll be in touch to discuss the next steps and anything else we need to publish your post.