Google rolled out their new API update for Google Apps recently changing how they authenticate to sign into apps like Creately.
Before this update, Creately was using an earlier version of Google OAuth and needed to update to use the latest version of Google OAuth 2.0.
With this update, some of you will not be able to see Creately in the Google Apps menu in your browser. However, you can fix this by reinstalling the Creately app via the Google Apps Marketplace This installation process will not affect your previously saved diagrams and your premium subscription will remain as it was before and nothing changes. You will see Creately again in the Google Apps menu after making the changes below.
Here is a step-by-step guide to re-install Creately from the Google Apps Marketplace (Note: you have to be the Google Apps administrator to install the app):
- Open Creately in Google Apps Marketplace in your browser
- Click on the blue Install App button on the right hand side to install the app
- You will then be prompted to sign in using your Google account credentials
- You will then need to authenticate permission before starting the installation
- Check the Creately and Google Apps Marketplace terms of service and click on accept
- Creately will start the installation and complete it within a few seconds
- At the completion of the installation, you can load the Creately app.