In a lot of educational and business IT networks there is often a web proxy server between your workstation and the Internet. It is possible to use Creately Desktop from behind a proxy server. Please follow these steps to check and update your proxy settings. If in doubt please consult your network/IT administrator before making any changes. If you would like the technical details please see the end of the article.
In Windows you can check / change the proxy settings like this:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on "Network and Internet"
- Click on the Internet Options
- Go to the "Connections" tab and click the LAN Settings button.
- In the LAN Setting dialogue tick the "Use a Proxy for your LAN" box and enter the details as indicated.
- Click the OK button on all the Proxy and Internet Option dialogues and you should be back to the control panel window and good to go.
We would suggest checking you can still access the Internet before trying Creately Desktop. Make sure these this page and this page load correctly without errors - one is over HTTP and one is over HTTPS. They should show the Creately.com homepage and the Creately Login page.
If you need more details about your organisations proxy settings you should ask your IT administrators.
Creately Desktop runs on top of Adobe Air which utilises the proxy settings set within your workstation's operating system. Some systems use what is called a dot pac (.pac) file to automatically configure the proxy server. However, Adobe Air doesn't support this and so you need to manually set the HTTP and HTTPS proxy server within your operating system configuration settings.