If you are having an issue with Creately and would like to report the issue for us to investigate it can be really helpful and speed up the problem solving process if you can supply the following (or as much as you feel is appropriate for your issue):
- General Information
- Creately Online Specific
- Creately Desktop Specific
- Creately Plugin Specific
- Technical Debug Information
- The email address you used when you subscribed to Creately.
- The Creately product you are having issues with.
- The ID of your Creately subscription, this can be found on the last invoice/receipt email you received from us.
- The web browser and version you are using to access Creately.
- The operating system of your desktop or laptop.
- The version of the Adobe Flash Player that you are using. You can find this by looking here.
- The name of the diagram that is having issues.
- A description of what you expected to happen and what really happened.
- A screenshot or screencast showing the issue if appropriate - these really help us find and reproduce the issue quickly.
- The steps that cause the issue. We can use these steps to quickly reproduce your issue and find the problem.
- The version of Creately Desktop you are running. This can be found in the top left hand corner of the dashboard view.
- Your Creately Desktop license key.
- The version of Adobe Air you have installed. You can find it by following the instructions here.
- Your Creately Desktop error.log file which contains a log of issues Creately Desktop detected. It is available here:
If you are on a mac - /Users/[YourName]/Creately/error.log
If you are on Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[YourName]\Creately\error.log
If you are on Windows 7 - C:\Users\[YourName]\Creately\error.log
- Your Creately Desktop user directory which contains your diagrams, application preferences and the above mentioned error log file. Please zip up the following directory:
If you are on a mac - /Users/[YourName]/Creately/
If you are on Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[YourName]\Creately\
If you are on Windows 7 - C:\Users\[YourName]\Creately\
- The version number for your Confluence or JIRA installation.
- The version number of the Universal Plugin Manager you're using.
- The version number of the Creately plugin you have installed.
- A copy of any lines from your tomcat log with the where the word "Creately" appears.
- For license issues - a screenshot of the Creately license page which is found from the left hand admin menu
- For diagram issues please provide similar information as shown under "Creately Online Specifics" above.
The following technical information can be really helpful to us if you receive red bar messages or have connection problems or any other strange behaviour within Creately while diagramming. You should send us the debug information log. You can access this using the following steps:
- Make sure the Creately diagram canvas has focus.
- Then press Ctrl+F7 on Windows or Fn+Cmd+F7 on Mac
- You can then copy the entire session transcript from the window that appears and email it to us.
Of course we may need more than the above and have more questions but it should help us solve your issue quicker.